April 19, 2015

Five Months Old



{This was drafted and saved on March 16th & wasn't posted, oops}

Weight: 16lbs. as of March 5th, I'm sure he's close or over 17lbs.

Hair: It has turned so light in the last little while! Still has a long comb over on top hiding major bald spots underneath. He's also got a very long rat tail in the back. Every time Neil has a bath with him, he wants to cut it. I should post a picture of all the craziness he has going on

Eyes: Blue, blue & blue

Clothes: Still getting the last bit of us of the 3-6month clothes. I've been doing some major shopping this past little while, getting ready for spring & summer. I just hope he'll fit what I'm buying him now.

Likes: The jolly jumper {he's in it a ton these days}, his squeaky pig, to drop toys on the floor when he's sitting at the table with us, when mommy munches on his chin or arms, reading books with daddy before bed & he still loves bath time

Eating & Sleeping: I am no longer nursing as much as I use to. He's doing much better with a bottle of formula {minus allll of the spitting up} than he does when I try to nurse. I can feed him 2 maybe 3 times during the day but if the feeds are rough then I'll give him a bottle. He eats 4oz. at a time and will go 2 hours for sure, sometimes 2.5. We feed him Similac Advanced but he spits up A LOT, like a lot a lot and recently his skin has broken out with some sort of irritation so I took him to the doctor today to see what it could be and it may be some sort of allergy. He doesn't think it's the formula, so we're going to try a topical cream to see if it clears up and if it doesn't I'm going to try a lactose sensitive formula. He's had the Similac Advanced since we introduced formula so I'm not sure what could be the issue.

I sound like a broken record when it comes to talking about his sleep but it still really hasn't improved. We try to do an early bedtime {6:30pm} if he's showing signs of being tired around suppertime. He still cries and gets upset when we put him down {he screams when Neil does it and he'll go down pretty good when I do it}. He'll do 1 long stretch of sleep and then wakes up every 2-3 hours. I've tried waiting it out before I go in to see if he'll go back to sleep. He'll either cry for over 10mins. or he'll fully wake up and talk to himself, try to roll over, suck on his hands. That's fun being awake for over an hour at 3 or 4 in the morning. When he wakes up like that and nursing doesn't get him back to sleep, Neil ends up rocking him and holding him until he falls asleep and is "allowed" to get up for the day. He typically wakes up at 5:45am for the day and then naps like crap all day long. Because of this fun, vicious sleep routine.. I've hired SleepWell Baby to come in and help us. I'm tired of being exhausted, I'm tired of Caius being cranky & upset because he isn't sleep good at night or during the day and I'm tired of him napping like sh*t. They are coming over Sunday night and they say within 2 weeks he should be doing so much better. I friggen hope so because it's been 5 months of sleeping 3 hour stretches at a time at night.

Milestones: He finally figured out how to roll over !! His hands tend to get in the way because they are always in his mouth when he rolls, but he's doing it! He's not crazy still for being on his tummy.. but he better get used to it because I'm not putting him back the other way haha

No comments:

Post a Comment