October 14, 2014

39 Weeks

I am 39 weeks and 1 day, baby Nagy is due on Monday October 20th and I am soo ready for he or she to make their debut. I am physically unable to do so much, both my hands have really bad carpal tunnel during the night & for most of the mornings and honestly none of my clothes fit. I'm at that point of just wanting to be done.

I woke up this morning with a headache that I had since I went to bed last night with tears in my eyes thinking "this baby isn't going to come anytime soon, we're going to be overdue, Neil will waste his week of holidays spending time in the hospital waiting for baby to show up & they're not going to". It was just one of those mornings that I felt defeated and upset as soon as I woke up.

I went to my prenatal appointment thinking the doctor isn't going to tell me anything I want to hear, she's not going to induce me if I ask or suggest it & we're going to end up having a Halloween baby which we so don't want. I was just there on Thursday and I was a fingertip dilated with no effacement or any other signs that baby would be arriving anytime soon.

This morning, I am close to 3cm dilated, 50% effaced and I had my membranes stripped. I was totally shocked. My OB is confident that she won't have to induce me and hopefully will not be seeing me next week for another prenatal visit. Totally didn't expect that news and I left the office with some hope that baby could be making an appearance very soon ! I went to meet up with Neil for lunch and told him the good news. We both spent the day distracted and thinking "holy crap, the baby really could be here some time this week *fingers crossed*". We're not trying to get over excited because we don't want to get our hopes up, but it's an exciting feeling knowing that we are getting close to the finish line.

I hope my next post will be about our new baby. Keep your fingers crossed for us that baby Nagy arrives before Monday !

No comments:

Post a Comment