July 1, 2014

Tuesday Evening {Weekend Re-cap} Happy Canada Day !



{Friday} I got off work at 4 and we headed to the lake as soon as Neil got home ! It was a beautiful day in the city for once and when we got close to the lake, we were back in rain. It thankfully didn't last long, but we did have to sit under the deck roof for a while until it stopped. We had a quiet night sitting by the fire & relaxing.

{Saturday} was beautiful ! Went for a round of golf, had lunch, spent some time at the beach {it was so hot I actually went in the water and got a sunburn}, had some ice cream, went for another round of golf, visited with some family and ended the day sitting by the fire with friends & their little guy. It was the first day that actually felt like summer.

{Sunday} we usually pack up & leave early to be able to spend the day at home, but we both weren't in a rush for once. We had a late, lazy morning & went for another round of golf. By the time we got back to the site & finished lunch, it was 2:30pm. By then it was about time to pack up & head home. I did the usual come home boring stuff.. doing laundry, filling up the pool & watching the Rider game.

{Monday} I had off but Neil had to work. I got up at the usual time and was out the door by 8:30am. I picked up a skirt I ordered from Pink Blush Maternity {love it}, got some Bath & Body works shower gel, FINALLY bought an all white waffle onesie from Children's Place. I've been looking for an all white sleeper for a while now to have baby in at the hospital. Plus, I got it on sale.. bonus ! I went to Jysk & picked up a new duvet set & went to an appointment. I spent the afternoon washing baby clothes, dusting & vacuuming the house, organizing stuff in baby's room... I kept super busy.

and finally {Tuesday} I had to work and Neil had it off. I was totally surprised when my boss came to my desk at 2:15pm saying I could go home for the day ! I was so happy to be able to sit in the backyard with the hubs & my brother. And I was surprised yet again when my parents showed up as Neil asked them to come over for supper. It was nice to spend a bit of Canada Day in the sun, on the patio w/ family.

Next up, holidays start on Friday night ! Can't wait !!

Happy Canada Day :))

No comments:

Post a Comment