June 6, 2014

Smile, It's Friday



I can't believe it's June already ?? I'm also already 5 months...only 20 more weeks to go, that's just crazy. Things have seemed pretty busy for us lately. Not overwhelming but busy.

We've been home for 2 weekends in a row and we're finally heading to the lake tonight ! I think we're going to be out there every weekend this month with maybe one weekend at home. While the weather doesn't look that promising, that doesn't bother us. As soon as we pull up to the lake, all the stress leaves our bodies, our phones and the radio get shut off and we just breathe a sigh of relief. The lake is it's own little world away from our everyday big world. We love it.

This week kind of flew by. Monday night I surprised Neil and told him he had the day off for his birthday. He never, EVER just gets one day off just because. So I emailed his supervisors asking if they would approve it and they did. I wanted to make this birthday special because he really didn't seem into it this year & this would be his last one before baby comes. I gave him his birthday gift {new golf shoes} and off to the lake we went. We got 1 round of golf in, had a fire and watched Frozen before bed.

Tuesday morning was his actual birthday and we woke up to a gorgeous morning at the lake. No clouds in the sky, sun was shining and no wind. We went for 2 rounds of golf, went for a walk around the empty park, made lunch & headed home. Neil wanted to buy some video games with his birthday money from Baba & Papa and then we headed to the outdoor pool. They just installed a new boiler this past weekend, the water temp was 30 degrees ! It felt so nice {especially when the sun came from behind the clouds} to just relax and be warm in water. I don't feel too heavy right now from my bump {and boobs} but it felt pretty good to float on a noodle and be weightless. We made wings at home for supper and finished off his birthday with Dairy Queen treats.

Wednesday we celebrated my brothers 19th birthday by going to O'sheas, having drinks & food on the rooftop. I still can't believe my little brother is 19... I guess little is the wrong term to use now. It was nice to be downtown, enjoying Shirley Temples with everyone. Of course we're old and had to work the next day so we didn't stay long but it was still a fun evening !

I worked my butt off this week by printing 26,588 pages of documents & organizing them into binders. My body is so sore from being hunched over hold punching everything. It sounds so silly but it's an awkward, repetitive position to be in ! I'm proud of myself for getting it done as fast as I did, I didn't think it was possible to finish a project of that magnitude in 2 1/2 days. Which makes me even more excited to get to the lake tonight and R-E-L-A-X.

Happy Friday !

No comments:

Post a Comment