February 5, 2014

What I've Been Up To Wednesday

This cold Saskatchewan weather is making me tired and grumpy. I'm the type of person who likes to feel cool and comfortable 90% of the time, but this disgusting weather has made me feel cold to the bone for far too long. I keep dreaming of the Mexican sun. The heat beaming down on my bronzed skin, the water feeling so warm when I need to cool off, and a yummy Mango Vallarta drink in my travel mug... ahh, if only I was back in Mexico.

Life has been pretty uneventful lately. Last weekend we went for steak special supper on Friday with mom & dad and golfed {of course}. Saturday I stuck around home for pretty much all day while Neil & my dad were out and about. Cleaned like crazy, did laundry.. you know, the exciting stuff. Saturday night Neil had a football game {which they won, woo} and Sunday was spent literally doing nothing but catching up on Nashville episodes.

On Monday night after work I went for a Shiastu Massage. I had been recommended it by a friend who's going through a similar situation as me and I thought I would give it a try. The best way to describe the treatment is it's acupuncture without the needles. You lay on the floor and she works on pressure points, massages & moves certain areas of your body. It was very, very relaxing and I was quite surprised at the end when she explained to me what she felt during the treatment. I kind of wanted to cry right then and there because what she was telling me was somewhat accurate. I hope to go back for another treatment or two and also have a BioMechanics Posture Correction treatment done as well.

This was my first experience with a "holistic, spiritual" treatment and I have to admit I was very impressed with it. I really appreciated the fact that she talked to me before and after the treatment and made me feel very comfortable opening up to her. She understands my frustrations and wants to help me clear my negative emotions and fill them with positivity. Over the last couple of years I've noticed that I have a lot of dark & stressful emotions inside of me, so I look forward to hopefully working with her more and making myself a better person.

I've also decided to start attending Zumba classes on Mondays & Thursdays and I'm going to work out in the gym on those days for 45mins before class. On Sundays & Tuesdays, Neil & I are going to do yoga at home. I think this is going to be really good for me to build up good energy while also finding balance and peace. I'm feeling very excited to make these changes and they seem easy enough for me to stick with.

And finally, our house decor update is pretty close to being done ! I am waiting on a table runner I ordered from Etsy to really finish off the dining room. I will have to do a post to show off our updated space.

{this is my favourite thing to look at while we have supper, I am soo happy with how it turned out !}

No comments:

Post a Comment