January 31, 2014

Confessional Friday: {Special Edition - Getting to Know You!}

I know I just did a "Who am I?" post but today I am linking up with Leslie from A Blonde Ambition for a fun getting-to-know you post.


My name is Terrai {ter-ray} and I was born & raised in Saskatoon, SK. A lot of people can't pronounce my name properly or wonder where it came from. My mom made it up in high school and said she would name her daughter it. It can be a pain sometimes for people to really grasp & say it right, but overall I feel very lucky to have such a unique name created by such a lovely lady.


I have an 18 year old brother and parents who have been married for over 27 years. My dad is shop foreman at agriculture & construction dealership shop and my mom works in customer service for a grocery supplier. My mom is my best friend. Her and I never had a rough patch together as I grew up and we've only become closer as I became an adult. She is the one person I go to with every and anything.

I have worked for almost 5 years full time at a steel fabrication shop as receptionist/document controller. I really enjoy my job and work for a wonderful company.


I met my husband at a party while I was in high school almost 7 years ago. A week after we started texting/ hanging out, he Told me I was his girlfriend on September 3, 2007. We moved into our first apartment together in April 2010 and then into our first home in January 2011. On August 19, 2011 we got engaged and on May 25, 2013 we got married. We have been inseparable since September 2007 !


We spend our summers at a lake that is close to home. My parents have a seasonal campsite and his parents own a cabin at that lake. We are there pretty much every weekend from May - September. We spend the weekends golfing {lots}, playing lasso golf, drinking, eating, visiting, playing in the water. It truly is our favourite place to be & when lake season ends, the countdown is on for when we get to go back.


I'm not considered a world traveller, but I do have some good places stamped on my passport. Paris, Berlin, Switzerland, Disney World, Las Vegas, Mexico are some of the places I've been. Switzerland and Mexico have to be my top favourites. We have a few more places we'd like to go but I don't think that will be anytime soon.


We have 2 cats, Bella & Izzie, that we consider to be our fur-babies. I'm a huge animal lover, but cats {and particularly ours} have my heart. People make fun & laugh that I arrange house sitters or hang around home when we're gone too long in order for Bella & Izzie to be taken care of but I can't help it. They literally are our babies {for now} and we love them too much to not care about them.

That's the short story about me !

2 comments:

  1. Um...Paris, Switzerland, and Berlin DO make you a world traveler! :) And what is lasso golf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ha! lasso golf is you have golf balls attached with a string, and you whip it around a stand to get points. you want to get 21 & not bust. this is a purchased version but my dad made ours http://www.amazon.com/Halex-Lasso-Golf-Tailgate-Game/dp/B000PSLG0U

      thanks for reading my blog ! :)

      Delete