January 23, 2014

Add Some Colour

I don't know when it happened but lately I have the itch to add some colour into our home. We have played it pretty safe with our decor choices & colours since moving in February 2011. Brown walls, dark brown couches, dark brown table & chairs, brown coffee & end tables.. you get where I'm going. Our main living area is brown and to me, it's now boring. When we first moved in I made the error of choosing a tangerine orange colour for our walls. It so didn't work. It was awful so we re-painted all the orange walls brown.

I've been following the blog I Heart Organizing and I LOVE her creativity when it comes to decorating her home. She uses colour and textures and they all look amazing together ! I want to achieve decorating like that but in small steps.

I've been browsing on Etsy, Pinterest, Wayfair, Room and Board and alll of these other sites looking for things that I like and that will work with our main brown pieces. I am in no way a creative person or a confident interior designer, I'm just trying to decorate our home one step at a time.

Here are a few things I found and may have already ordered {please excuse my very sad-1st time inspiration board I made}

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

I love Etsy because it has soo many choices and options and the items are usually priced fairly decent. It has the things I think of and want but no stores locally have.

I hope I can pull it all together !

No comments:

Post a Comment