December 2, 2013

December is Here!

It's been awhile, oops.

December is here and as I texted my cousin this morning, I think December is defined as busy. Either busy with work, busy with Christmas shopping, busy with Christmas decorating, busy with cleaning... anyways, you get the idea. I don't think I'm going to mind the busyness because October and November was fairly quiet for us.

This past weekend was a good one!

{Friday} Night mom & I checked out the Sundog Arts & Entertainment Faire. We've gone together the past few years & we always have a good time. It was crazy, crazy busy and congested. We still enjoyed checking out our favourite booths as well as some new ones. I think next year we should make a plan to go Sunday morning. I'm thinking it'll be much quieter and enjoyable.

{Saturday} Morning started off a bit panicked. We had a plan to leave our place around noon for the day but we ended up sleeping in until 10:15am! Meaning I had to shower and get ready as fast as possible, Neil had to finish wrapping a gift, I had to switch laundry over because I had it going over night, make sure the cats were fed, etc. We did it all in time of course.

We spent the afternoon at my brother in law/sister in laws place to celebrate Owen's first birthday! Chantel did such a great job with the party and Owen was in the best mood! He was chatting up a storm with his cousins & walking around for long periods of time. He was such a blast to watch & it was great way to spend the afternoon. After the party we went to my parents for supper & then to the Huskie's hockey game to watch Camden play in the intermission. For 5 years old he's a very good skater. It was really fun to watch him play and visit with Jay & Krystal.

{Sunday} I met mom at the mall and we accomlished our goal, to find her a black pair of boots! She had no luck finding 1 pair the previous weekend she went and yesterday she had over 4 pairs to choose from. She was so excited once she decided on the pair she liked. I love a good shopping date with my mom. The rest of the day was spent decorating for Christmas! The trees are up, the end tables & floating shelves have Christmas goodies and the lights outside have been plugged in! Between the Christmas tree at work, our main tree downstairs and small tree upstairs at home, I was pretty much done dealing with branches & lights as of 5pm yesterday.

Tonight we're going to put the lights on our shrubs outside, re-do the small trees lights upstairs & whatever else is left to do!

'Tis the season for all things Christmas & fun

No comments:

Post a Comment