November 13, 2013

Live Simply

Our lives have slowed down since Winter made its debut. We're not gone to the lake every weekend, we're not hanging out in the pool or going for walks every evening like we did in the summer, weddings are done for 2013, we are basically housebound until Spring comes around. Not living in the city can be a pain sometime. When it's cold outside making trips into the city are more planned then "hey let's go!" That's okay though, we love where we live, we just hate winter.

This past long weekend was pretty mellow, no actual plans or places to be. We did some running around, visited with family, watched the Rider game, slept in, etc. We enjoy long weekends with "nothing" to do. Our time off work next will be at Christmas! Which is coming so quickly. And after that we are off to Mexico. We both cannot wait to go. It's going to be so nice to board a plane taking us some wheres where snow isn't in their vocabulary.

Life is good right now. It's not crazy busy, it's quiet & cozy during the week and typically filled with family time on the weekend. I'm really lucky to be where I am, have what I have and I sometimes forget that. Or I forget to not stress about things that I can't control. I'm the type of person who likes to have a plan, who makes lists or arrangements to make it easier in the end result and sometimes it just doesn't work that way. I really need to try to remember that & not focus so much on the uncontrollable. I also need to let go of things in the past. I struggle with this a lot and as much as I want to be the type to forgive and forget, I just can't forget. It's not easy. I need to try.

I am lucky and I am happy with the life I have, everything else is just a bonus.


No comments:

Post a Comment