September 25, 2013

4 Months of Married Life

I still can't believe that.

A) I can't believe I'm married 2) I can't believe I am so lucky to be married to such an amazing man and B) I can't believe how fast this year has gone, never mind the 4 months that FLEW by.

I remember starting my countdown to getting married on August 19th, 2011 {the night we got engaged}. Within a few days we had a date picked, Saturday May 25th, 2013. It was over the 400 days mark... and then May 25th, 2012 came and we were 365 days away. And then... February 14th, 2013 came and we were a 100 days away. And then, in a blink of an eye it was the week of the wedding, the day of the wedding and the days after the wedding.

I remember thinking and saying "oh my god, I wish it was sooner, I just want to be married already, how many more days?" And now {Neil} and I are saying "wow, 4 months already? do you feel married?"

And the truth is I do. Not a lot has changed relationship wise. We lived together before we got married, we shared a bank account before getting married, our daily routines are the same, or day jobs are the same. But yet I feel "different" because we are married.

I feel excitement when I get to use the term "my husband". I love that we can discuss family planning. I feel a sense of security that no matter what happens I have a partner who is going to be by my side 100% {I've always had that feeling, but you get what I mean}. I appreciate that if I'm going through something tough & need someone to vent to, my husband is there to listen. I think it's fun attending a "first" event as husband & wife. I've gotten use to having a new last name {but don't worry, there's still lotssss of my maiden name in me}. Being married has just connected us a little more than we were as boyfriend/girlfriend and fiances.

Being married was just another step in our relationship. It was something that we both wanted and knew it wouldn't change much after it happened. 4 months ago I married the love of my life and my best friend. I couldn't be happier or luckier to go through life with someone like him. Each month, for the rest of my life, I will be thankful I am married to him.


No comments:

Post a Comment