July 19, 2013

Bella Beaner

This is Bella.


We got her while living in our first apartment in May 2010. Neil was working out of town a lot & I didn't want to be alone all the time so we got our first pet together. She was about 6 weeks old when she came home with us. So small that we actually had to bottle feed her for awhile & she would step on granola boxes to get into her little box. She is the biggest suck, has a certain personality & we love her to death.


I know what people say or think of me... I am the crazy cat lady.


So crazy that I cried my eyes out last night before bed because she hadn't come home yet from wandering outside.



We have a routine with Bella. In the mornings before going to work, she's outside in the front yard with a leash on so that when it's time for us to leave we're able to bring her in. As soon as we get home from work, her collar goes on & she's out the door for most of the evening. She's really good with coming home before we go to bed.

Last night, the schedule was a little mixed up because we had to head to Neils parents for supper, meaning Bella wasn't able to go outside until later in the evening. Okay fine, no problem. We'll do a few things around home, go for a walk, she'll come back by the time we go to bed. As 10:00 rolled around and she wasn't coming home, I started to get worried. We walked around calling her, shaking treats, walking the alley to see if she was around. Nothing. 10:45 rolls around and she's still not home, Neil's reading a book on the couch & I'm sitting their crying thinking my poor Beaner has been taken by someone, eaten by something, or gone wandering way to far.

Finally after 11:00pm, Izzie gave us a hint that Bella was FINALLY home! She comes slowly strutting across the driveway like it was no big deal. Brought her in, wiped my tears & off to bed we went {followed by a 5am wrong number phone call... seriously?! ugh...}



Damn cat.... only a crazy cat loving person would stay up crying, waiting for their pet to come home. I can't help it. I love our fur-babies so much that this is what happens when they don't come home.

Happy Friday & thanks Bella for the tired eyes & grouchiness today...

No comments:

Post a Comment